I'm Here! Oldgringo

oldgringo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I own a 1975 2x2 F250 with the 7.3 Powestroke Turbo Diesel. Currently, I have 258,000 + miles on the motor and drivetrain. I recently changed out the Cam Positioning Sensor (AKA Cam Sensor) with the invaluable aid of this site.

One thing I discovered when I bought the part from a local Ford Store and in talking with a diesel mechanic - before proceding with the directions as stated in this site, one should run the motor for at least 10 minutes before removing the old sensor so as to minimize the risk of snapping the old one in half leaving a section of it stuck in the block. I ran mine 10~12 minutes first and my old sensor practically slid right out. I was also able to R&R the part laying on my back near the right front tire. I had a clear view of the part from this position and for me this was far easier than trying to do this from the top down. ;tu

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
This sounds like a very interesting truck you have threre Old Gringo, I would like to see some pics of this Retro truck with a Powerstroke Engine. Welcome to the Fourm.
PHX:sweet

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
Hi PHX250. Glad I read your comment on my "1975" - the actual year is 1995.
With it being 1995, that means you will be Exempt from the new 2010 emissions testing in California. The Pre 97 diesels are gonna be going up in value over there.

I was in the market for 95 to 98 powerstroke but came across a nice deal on my 99 about 6 weeks ago in Glendale AZ. The Construction Co I bought the F250 from had 9 to choose from. AZ smogs Diesels (AZ smog stations are state owned and operated).:rant
PHX

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
With it being 1995, that means you will be Exempt from the new 2010 emissions testing in California. The Pre 97 diesels are gonna be going up in value over there.

Umm, I think you meant pre '98 :deal
Sometimes I get it right! ;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl