Question Power steering/brake booster problem

Mobile Welder

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am new to this forum so I hope I put this in the right place. Heres my problem.

The other day I thought my ABS was acting up becauase the pedal would pulsate just like ABS but it did it whenever I pressed on the brake even at a dead stop. It also did it when turning. So I figured I had 2 problems ABS and low power steering fluid. Sure enough the power steering fluid was really low. I then learned that the power brakes is powered by the power steering. I fillid it up but it is still pulsating it I press the brake pedal. Is it just air in the system? If so will it work it self out or does it need to be bled out and is there a bleading procedure. Or sould this be something else all together?

Any advice would realy help I have only owned the truck for a few weeks and am not to familuler with diesels. Thanks:)

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
im not sure if ford has a special bleeding procedure, but a generic way to do it would be to turn the wheel to the stop and hold it there for about 5-10 seconds, turn to the other stop and hold it, do that for a few cycles and see if it gets any better.

it is possible that the pump wasted itself running on air, as they dont like that too much.

Mobile Welder

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure the pump is fine it wasn't low for to long and the power steering is working. I will try turning it to the stops and holding it and see if that works.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not sure if ford has a special bleeding procedure, but a generic way to do it would be to turn the wheel to the stop and hold it there for about 5-10 seconds, turn to the other stop and hold it, do that for a few cycles and see if it gets any better.

it is possible that the pump wasted itself running on air, as they dont like that too much.

and welcome to the forum!!!

X2 on what Zookie sez and you might try that 3 or 4 times over a day or two and add fluid if needed each time..

And YES.. WELCOME to SDD ;tu

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14