Question Sct tuner and tire size

neil11975

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I currently have an edge evolution and I cannot adjust the tire size with it because I have an '04 superduty. That tuner only lets you adjust tire size on the '05 and '06.:rant So I am looking into the sct x3 tuner. But before I make the jump, I want to see if anyone KNOWS for sure whether you can adjust the tire size with the sct tuner. I am running 35" tires and my speedo is off by about 5 or 6 mph at freeway speed.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think the sct x3 will do it on the 04. You need to let the dealer reset that. The dealer will reset the shift point to match the tires. Truck will shift better and your mpg will improve over all. I did it on my 04 and I'm running 35 too.

neil11975

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So is that an issue with the '04 because of the ECU compared to the '05? If that's the case, then no tuner will be able to calibrate tire size on my truck. I called the dealer. They want $100 to do it, but said they can't guarantee hw close it will be because they can only adjust so far.

neil11975

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks guys for your quick responses. Dogman, what kind of mileage increase did you notice? I guess I will have to just bite the bullet and take it to the dealer. I really don't like dealing with them if I can help it. Oh well. DaveBen, where in NorCal are you?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks guys for your quick responses. Dogman, what kind of mileage increase did you notice? I guess I will have to just bite the bullet and take it to the dealer. I really don't like dealing with them if I can help it. Oh well. DaveBen, where in NorCal are you?

Well on stock mode, I get 16+/- hwy and 12+/- city, with the tune on fuel saver. I have pulled up to 19 hwy but avg. is 17 to 18.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
super lift's true speed module will adjust the 99 up SD and is nice because it is accurate to 1% and resettable

see this months Diesel World

neil11975

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks Zmann. That looks like a pretty cool system. I may have to add that to my Christmas list.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14