Question Single or double shocks?

drewdog113

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 F250 with 4" lift. The shocks are shot. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I will get a better ride with the double shock set-up, or I should stick with the single. I would like the smoothest ride I can get. Any advise on what shocks will give me the best ride would be appreciated also. This is my first post here, I love the amount of info here!! You guys are great!:)

mygsris2slo4u

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Many might not agree with me, but I'll throw my $.01 out there.

Brand is not really an issue; most of the popular brands are popular for a reason.

Single or double? (From my experience with with off-road vehicles and several tube frame rock crawlers)

Single is the only way to go. If someone is trying to sell or talk you into doubles it is because what they want to sell you is the wrong shock for the job. Using the correct application of a single shock will always outperform double shocks that are not matched for the job. I would call some of the manufactures and talk to them to determine an appropriate application for your truck. Then, you can shop around. A retailer is always trying to sell you something.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14