Factory Bumper Tow Rating

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
What is the tow rating of the factory bumper? I seem to recall seeing some that have something like 300/3500 printed on them but for some reason mine doesn't say a thing. I am talking BUMPER not receiver..

I am wondering for a receiver hitch extension brace I am thinking about building.

Thanks

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
What is the tow rating of the factory bumper? I seem to recall seeing some that have something like 300/3500 printed on them but for some reason mine doesn't say a thing. I am talking BUMPER not receiver..

I am wondering for a receiver hitch extension brace I am thinking about building.

Thanks
I find it hard if not impossible to believe that your factory bumper doesnt still have the sticker on it. :D

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
500/5000 will more than support what I am up too :sweet

Here is a picture of the idea. The upper link will help support the tongue weight of the trailer. The superHitch truss does the same thing but that setup is over $1000. I still need to build a new extension that is a little longer and shorten the link but I think this will work out and not cost anything but my labor. Off to make it happen........

Ext004.jpg

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
500/5000 will more than support what I am up too :sweet

Here is a picture of the idea. The upper link will help support the tongue weight of the trailer. The superHitch truss does the same thing but that setup is over $1000. I still need to build a new extension that is a little longer and shorten the link but I think this will work out and not cost anything but my labor. Off to make it happen........

Ext004.jpg

what are you gonna hand out there on the front end? i'm havin a hard time wondering what it could be?

maybe a porta potty with marble floors and walls, with a gold plated john???

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Thats the back of the truck. The hitch extension is so the hitch will reach out under the back of my new 9.5' camper.

Here is a picture, see the back of the truck?

Extexample.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14