combustion in turbo tubes???

dzl

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My Ford F-350 6.0 diesel - 16,000 mi runs fine except for episodes of turbo fart occuring on prolonged pulls pulling my 13,000 lb fifth wheel trailer. The most serious episode blew off the turbo hose, put a dent in the hood, and emitted copious amounts of blue smoke whtn I pulled off the road. There was oil on the interior of the turbo tube and on the underside of the hood. I was able to continue my trip to Fla thru the hills of western Mass, N.Y. and Pa by reducing power when the turbo fart happened. In my case this would happen at 6 to 8 seconds intervals while climbing long hills with a reduction of boost pressure from 25 to 20 psi and noises sounding like air going over fins or air over a relief valve. i intend to see a dealer in Fla but don't have much confidence in heading to a dealer in a strange area who I don't know or doesn't have a vested interested in helping with the problem. Saw one in Pa and he told me if I couldn't replicate the problem while he was in the truck, he couldn't help me. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing the problem?? Would appreciate any ideas. Thanks DZL

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
for 06 we got the plastic turbo pipe again , it is a weak link, got see teh dealer and have it changed out under the TSB for 04 and some 05's its still covered at last check
diesel docs site may stil have teh tsb posted,
but oil in the tubing is normal , the pcv system dumps into it thats where all teh oil came from
what were your exhaust temps

dzl

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The temps were unknown. Does the engine backoff on fuel when exhaust temps get high under "factory progammed conditions".??. dzl

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The factory program does not back off fuel when the egt's get too high. It will allow you to fry your truck's engine. That is why aftermarket gauges are added. The factory guages don't tell the truth.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14