North Texas Draught..............

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
In case y'all didn't know while West Texas has been getting rain North Texas is under the worst Draught conditions possible. We are under the "Extreme Draught" classification with soil moisture levels lower than anywhere in the country according to the weather dwebes.

Our lake levels are dropping like a rock resulting in major watering restrictions. We are limited to just a few hours a day once a week.

I was just curious how deep the cracks in my yard were so I went out and messured one. Ya just gotta love this @#$% black clay soil.

Can you say HELLO CHINA.......................!!!

Tbar

Last edited:

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Holy smokes......

Just wait I have a feeling that this Fall and Winter are going to be wetter than usual.

Then we will be screaming about too much water

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
jharvey said:
Holy smokes......

Just wait I have a feeling that this Fall and Winter are going to be wetter than usual.

Then we will be screaming about too much water
I've been saying that for 7 years now, yet it fails to come true. The odds say that sooner or later we have to get moisture.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I've been saying that for 7 years now, yet it fails to come true. The odds say that sooner or later we have to get moisture.

I hear ya Mike, we're about due for some wet weather, seems that weather cycles go in 7-8 year periods so we'll see.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Looks like the same surface at the kids school playgrounds/athletic fields.

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Looks like the same surface at the kids school playgrounds/athletic fields.

The kiddo was glad to get to play on a field with real grass yesterday when pee wee football had their league scirmmage day, as opposed to the conditions pictured above, which they have been practicing on.

fgtex

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
You guys need some water just come and get it. We have way more than we need. All the rivers are flooding, roads are washing out and the railroad is closed due to track washing out. Gov. Frank Murkowski has issued a state disaster declaration. I am issuing a rain export order and am sending it to Texas :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim