00 Superduty from Georgia

Dirtyblackhoe

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...I am new to the forum. I have a 2000 Crew Cab 7.3L F250 4wd with the 6 speed. Right now it has 4" exhaust (not sure what brand) Air raid intake, and Banks 6 gun on it. The truck has 217K miles on it with a mild lift and 33x12.50 on 16x10.

Wondering what other mods I need to perform for mileage and power. Thanks guys.

also this is my first Diesel so any maintenance, tips, or things that I SHOULD be doing such as additives for the fuel and such would be great.

JRJ04

Reaction score
Hey guys...I am new to the forum. I have a 2000 Crew Cab 7.3L F250 4wd with the 6 speed. Right now it has 4" exhaust (not sure what brand) Air raid intake, and Banks 6 gun on it. The truck has 217K miles on it with a mild lift and 33x12.50 on 16x10.

Wondering what other mods I need to perform for mileage and power. Thanks guys.

also this is my first Diesel so any maintenance, tips, or things that I SHOULD be doing such as additives for the fuel and such would be great.

Welcome!

4in exhaust and intake are 2 excellent mods to get you started! Next, I would recommmend adding gauges (pyro and boost at a minimum) so you can watch how hot your exhaust gets. Secondly, I would trash the Banks six gun and get a custom burned chip from Jody Tipton at DPTuner. You could even give live tuning since you are in the same state as him! His tunes are lightyears ahead of the banks and youll notice better power and fuel economy from them.

Check it out here: DP-Tuner

Good luck!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
:welcome1

As far as fuel mileage the biggest thing you could do is reduce tire size. I have 35" rubber and they really eat up the fuel and power. As far as fuel additive it is good to add something that adds lubrication to the fuel as the new low sulfur fuel is a bit dry. Howes, Power Service, Shaeffer and many other make good additives.

Dirtyblackhoe

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well I have had the truck for a month or so, but have yet to get some pictures of it...I have them all on my digital camera, but I decided to take a few shots with my camera phone yesterday just so I could show you guys.

It is a 2000 F250 4wd with the 7.3L and manual 6 speed. It is leveled on 33x12.50 with Ultra 50 16x10s (same rims that I had on my Tahoe and Z). It is a little beat up, but it is a nice truck. It has King Ranch interior, 4" Exhaust, Air Raid intake, Edge Evolution, Gauges, and moves down the road pretty decent...well I figured I would post it up guys...let me know what you think and I will work on getting new pics.

531389cc7a2d.jpg

ed380a707501.jpg

1c610031f332.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14