01 crew cab subwoofer box dimensions

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
Throwin a couple 10's behind the rear seat in my crew cab and just trying to make sure my dimensions will work since it's a PITA to get a tape measure back there with the seat back.

Width = Gonna go with 37" to make volume work right, but obviously not really a big deal

Depth = It's going to be a wedge box. Depth on the bottom will be 8", with a 3" on the top of the box

Height = looks like there is 17" easily available before reaching the protrustion on the back of the cab that the seat rests against.

Has anyone built a box to similar dimensions for a CC that might be able to verify that this will work?

My plan for now is to just have the subs fire right into the back of the seat, unless I can come up wtih something better.

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last dimensions I've seen were 42"X16"X 8" bottom and 3" top. This one fit 12"s

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
If that works mine should work too. Worst case scenario is I shorten it up an inch and widen it to get back the add'l volume.

Reaction score
Also, From what I understand, you can flip the backseat brackets to move the seat forward an inch or two.:dunno

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, From what I understand, you can flip the backseat brackets to move the seat forward an inch or two.:dunno

not every year can be "flipped"

yep posted that a few months ago if he does the 8 inches without flipping his brackets not sure if it will fit

depends on the speaker brand AND model.
you CAN fit a 10" solobaric L5 (which has 20% more area
than a conventional round speaker) in the same area that
only a 10" round will fit !

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
So what years can't the brackets be flipped on? I was just poking around under the back seat and can't really find anything to flip. There's the bracket that mounts to the floor, and then the seat bolts to that. I'm sure I could fab something up make it work if needed, but the flip would be easier. Anybody have any pics of what's actually been flipped?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04+ (mine) couldnt be flipped....if it can be ive never
seen or heard of it.

in fact ive "HEARD" of this flipping but never seen any
evidence of it.

Reaction score
99-03 there is a 1 inch square tubing that sits between the seat bottom and the pedistal mounts in the floor. You can see in that picture where the seat is most definitely sitting farther forward.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64