Question 01 F-350 dash lights not working and engine in limp mode.

PaCoBigDaddy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out my dad's truck, last year he had a squirrel chew a couple of wires under the hood, after patching the wires he's had an intermittent battery light. last week it went into limp mode and the dash lights went out.....

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The dashlights are usually tied to the taillights. This is so you know they are out. Check them before you get into the engine controls.

Dave:)

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Springtown, Texas, Welcome to SDD.com. Good luck working on your dads truck.
Doug

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I hate tree rats!!!

When they got in my 99.5 my lights on the dash quit working......then the battery went dead because the alternator wasn't charging. I tore the dash out and tested bulbs and circuits to no avail.

Traced/tested continuity on the power wire through the firewall into the wire harness, up to the front of the engine then I lost it as it went around the front of the motor past the alternator. As I scratched my head wondering why it was going that direction I started searching on the opposite fender well and found this. It was a small loop of wire plugged into a harness in what I assumed was the connection for a dual alternator set up. PIA getting to and re-soldering that wire but it fixed my problem.

Tbar

View attachment 13009View attachment 13010

View attachment 13010Rat Chewed Wire.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58