'01 rough idle but starts now

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out what the issue is for a couple weeks now. 285k miles. Rough idle then wouldn't start. No buzz on injectors at all. Replaced CPS, ICP, IDM from Allsource computers. Cranked right up after new IDM install. Batteries are good. Oil level is full. Reservoir is full of oil. Fuel filter is new. Fuel pressure is 68psi. I have been using Torque and Car Gauge Pro to diagnose. I get the usual IAH and EBPV codes as they have both been deleted. I continue to get a P1280, ICP out of range but it is new. Also a P1316 Injector circuit/IDM codes. I installed a new HPOP 2 years ago and did the quarter mod to the UVC wiring. All looked good then. Starts up and idles, but roughly. Press the pedal and it speeds up but sounds like it's missing a cylinder or two. Buzz test buzzed all 8 injectors. Cylinders 3, 5, and 7 came back with high to low circuit code after a contribution test. Any suggestions before I start drinking heavily, again? Pic is Torque app while idling. ICP was disconnected at the time.received_835919440129933.jpeg

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are absolutely correct because as I sat here thinking about I remembered that I only pulled the drivers side cover and not the passenger side. Sure enough, the plastic keeper was actually broken off and laying in the head next to the injector and the harness was coming apart. Temp fix I put two zip-ties on the connector to hold it together and it fired right up and runs great. Took me an hour to pull the cover, fix,and reinstall. I don't why we all avoid pulling the covers to check the wiring when it really isn't that much of a job! LOL Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64