03-04 6.0 ???

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
My truck (in sig) has had a few problems before i bought it. I did the Oasis report and found that the Turbo has been replaced, high pressure oil pump replaced, and a few reflashes but i still bought it and have not regreted it once! I have flown home a few times now on a tight scheduled vacation and used it to tow all over the east coast (DE to MO and back, few times from DE to MD or VA and finally from DE to TX) and have not had one hickup.... period!

Now at work it is slightly different, i work on a military base in the Middle East and we have quite a few 2005 F350 w/6.0 and it looks like the only problem we have had so far is the EGR which is easily removed, cleaned, and reinstalled. Its located just in front of the turbo on the top of the eninge, has two bolts and one electrical plug.

partz

In GOD I Trust!
Reaction score
I have an 04 w/ 70K on it and the ONLY problem I've had are a bad # 3 injector (@36K) and a leaky sensor both fixed under warranty with no repeat problems. I have a great truck!

bern rattler

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Mine had 43,000 on it when I bought it back in May. Now it has 73,000 and the only thing I had done under warrenty was replace a leaking glow plug harness. It did cost me a deductable of $100. Before I bought it I ran an Oasis report and it had "0" problems listed. I would drive it to Alaska tonight! Good luck!

nogo90gp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
this pretty much tells me that it's alot more common for people to complain the few times something goes wrong, then praise the 99% of the time when things go smooth. I've had good luck with my '04, but everyone I talk to about my truck is like "aren't those suppose to be junk" and i've just wondered why.

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess just the amount of problems the bad ones had were to blame for the bad name of the 6.0L. That is why I bought a 7.3L. I knew the 6.0's had more jam but I did not want to take the chance in so many spendy repairs if the truck was off warrenty. I have had problems with my 7.3L, but they have been all minor stuff. And with my luck I would have gotten a bad one.:D :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14