04 6.0L problems

Plowboy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. I've got a 04 F-250 CC SB 6.0L PSD with 63000K on it. I've noticed that it has started leaking a little Oil on the back of the oil pan (oil pan gasket, something above that?) any way is this covered under the warrenty? Is anyone else noticed this problem with there truck? I bought the truck used a couple of months ago, it was made in 01/04, is there anything else I should be worried about?
Thanks for any help you might can provide.
I look forword to chatting with you all.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I would lean towards the rear main seal.

Do a search on our site for "rear main seal" and you'll find some more info. I turned up THIS THREAD in a simialr search.

Reaction score
Yes - it should be covered under warranty. In addition to the rear seal - could also be a leaking injector seal. The dealer can add dye to the oil - you can also buy dye at places like NAPA - drive it for a few days and then using a black light try trace it yourself - or the dealer can do it.

Personally - I don't worry about a little oil here and there - if it doesn't hit the driveway - then I don't consider it a leak :p

Ron

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome there Plowboy. Glad to have you onboard. You will learn a ton of things for the Power Stroke, most cost $$$$ some cost a few cents. Enjoy.

Dave :)

Plowboy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Dealer said that its either a rear main or some kind of plug on back of the turbocharger. It is covered under the warrenty which is a relief. I may fix it in the next 40k If it starts to show up on the driveway. This is my first diesel , I usually run 3/4 ton gassers until now. I didn't realize how sluggish this motor would be in cold weather (28 - 34) first thing in the morning until the motor really warmed up. Seems to do fine after that. By the way If this 6.0L holds up I think I through with Gassers:burnit

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Diesel will get in your blood. The smell, the sound, the power are all addictive. Very few go back. Welcome to the site. Good folks here.

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is getting serviced for oil leak in same spot roughly, this would be 3rd leak, one was from front of engine, cant remember what it was, 2nd was leaking trans fluid out the shifter boot, now looks like rear main seal, lots of down time

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
welcome aboard
yep the fever will get you.
only one cure........... MODS BAWWAAAAHHH :burnit
and visting here to get a daily fix for future mods and knowledge sharing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member