comment 04 F-350 duelly 4x4 6.0L 27k no mods

fitterboytoo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Where to start--First had thread from 8-23-08 sluggish from dead start--I've been busy and just got back last week to get truck back into different dealer. They did all the computer checks and could not find anything different then what the Indianola dealer had. Was in new dealer area Wed. and went in to talk with the service writer and he took me back to mechanic. I told him my frustration of wondering whether the truck was going to move when I was hooked to my 13k toy hauler from a dead stop. They decided to keep the truck and do some more checking. Why they decided to check the compression I have no idea but, on cylinder #1 had a drop of 150#'s of compression and 105 drop on #5, not knowing how they test a diesel, I would presume it was done while running and pumping fuel into the motor--so yesterday they started removing front end and cab. This afternoon when I called had head off, on odd # cyl. side, found pistons scored and all cylinder walls grooved??? Mechanic had never seen this problem on such low milage motor.. So far they did not have any solution to what caused this..?? Has anyone out there in Ford Land have any solutions or same problem??? FB2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14