04 Ford 6.0 Farts when you let of the Throttle

BubbaNtx

BubbaNtx
Reaction score
Hello I had a thread a couple weeks ago, Truck would not excelerate, took My Quadzilla off, Put the By-pass plug on ran Good, send the control box Back to Quadzilla. I was driving it Tonite Runs Good, But when I let off the throttle after getting On it. And it sounds Like three or Four Farts, Never had this sound before.. Sounds like it is Backfiring thru the Air cleaner. Anybody Else had this Noise.. Thanks Scott

Fine69

Reaction score
My truck has done that on several occasions, unfortunately, each time it started, it got worse, to the point that the turbo was replaced on 4 seperate trips to the dealer. Sounds like maybe your turbo vanes are beginning to stick a little.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
My truck has done that on several occasions, unfortunately, each time it started, it got worse, to the point that the turbo was replaced on 4 seperate trips to the dealer. Sounds like maybe your turbo vanes are beginning to stick a little.
Holy Smoke! 4 remanufactured turbos? Or did they just clean each time? Egr issue also? Mine did the same(got worse) and eventually they replaced with remanufacted turbo and new egr valve. An early T.S.B. tried to tell us that turbo "flutter" at deceleration was normal and not to worry about it. I never bought that B.S. because if it was normal, why didn't it do this when it was new. How did your dealership explain your bad luck? What type of airfilter ya running? Bottom line, the VGT and egr are problematic in our 6.o's. :rolleyes:

FORD COUNTRY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know for a fact it is the coking on the exhaust side of the turbo, the vanes, housing, and usison ring get carbon up and stick a little , which will lead to the sound on a hard throttle acceration. I have done a couple of customers and my own.

Fine69

Reaction score
Holy Smoke! 4 remanufactured turbos? Or did they just clean each time? Egr issue also? Mine did the same(got worse) and eventually they replaced with remanufacted turbo and new egr valve. An early T.S.B. tried to tell us that turbo "flutter" at deceleration was normal and not to worry about it. I never bought that B.S. because if it was normal, why didn't it do this when it was new. How did your dealership explain your bad luck? What type of airfilter ya running? Bottom line, the VGT and egr are problematic in our 6.o's. :rolleyes:

The dealer tells me I keep having problems because I don't drive it enough. They say the turbo vanes rust, then they start to stick, and eventually barely move at all. This last time, the turbo overboosted and blew off the intercooler hoses. It also broke the unison ring. I'm looking into an 09 right now. The dealer is a good friend of mine, so I know he'll take care of me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58