Question 05 6L no start at all

butch2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok , so my 05 decided it will not start today , kicks like it wants to ? checked the codes , it has a crank sensor code , but I also noticed the icp pressure is really high ? 1680 psi at just cranking ? is the ipr bad as well ?

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start with the crank sensor. The inj. have to have 500psi to fire off and the motor runs the inj. around 3000 psi I believe. So your ipr should be ok.

butch2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok thanks , I don't remember that high of pressure just cranking it ? also is there a lift pump or fuel pump to supply the low side fuel

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Your low pressure pump is on frame rail drivers side. It holds one of the fuel filters too. Right by transfer case. You should have around #50 at the second fuel filter next to your oil filter in eng compartment.

makuloco2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When they kick and sputter and try to start 90% of the time the ficm has gone bad, what are you ficm voltages? Also bad glow plugs will cause this, can you plug it it to block heater? Unlikely the glow plugs died overnight but very likely the FICM has given up the ghost overnight. Ignore Crank codes for now, ipr is great move on and look elsewhere. Does the frame rail fule pump come on and sound normal and run for 30 sec?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58