05 front Bumper on 01?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for a new/used front bumper. I was wondering if an 05 front bumper would bolt up to my 01 F350. My goal is to just being able to buy a regular 05 grille without cutting it out to fit. And doesn't the headlights have to be changed as well for the 05 grille?

Bad Night

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to change the header panel to do it correctly . The bumper will bolt right up though .

Bad Night

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 99 - 04 headlights will work with the 05 - 07 grill . You can actually put the 05-07 grill on without changing the bumper too but it calls for the bottom of the grill to be trimmed . Then people zip tie the bottom of the grill to the header panel .

Best way to do it in my opinion is change it all ....Bumper , header panel , grill , and headlights .

Hear is my 2000 I did this too at the end of 04 . Sorry , it's a bad pic , actually a pic of a pic ...lol

Last edited:

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 99 - 04 headlights will work with the 05 - 07 grill . You can actually put the 05-07 grill on without changing the bumper too but it calls for the bottom of the grill to be trimmed . Then people zip tie the bottom of the grill to the header panel .

Best way to do it in my opinion is change it all ....Bumper , header panel , grill , and headlights .

Hear is my 2000 I did this too at the end of 04 . Sorry , it's a bad pic , actually a pic of a pic ...lol

Well the 6 point buck that was laying on the side of the natchez trace about 2 weeks ago made the decision for me to get a new bumper. And those bumper seem to be more plentiful than my OEM bumper. I have been wanting to do the 05 grille anyways so this seemed like a good opportunity to do it a little better than trimming the grille. Thanks;tu

Bad Night

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad Night that looks AWESOME! How much does this cost? Parts list?

The parts list is pretty simple .

Header panel (fiberglass panel behind headlights and grill)
Headlights
Headlight Plug adapters ( they didn't make them when I did mine so I made my own )
Grill
Ford Emblem
Bumper Brackets ( Just the ones that bolt bumper to the end of the frame , I didn't use the outer ones they are unnecessary )
Upper valence (this is the urethane piece that gets painted body color)
Bumper
Lower valence (just the black lower panel under the bumper )
You will need the bolts and nuts to bolt the lower valence to the bumper as well as the ones that bolt the upper valence to the bumper .
Fog light kit ( I made my own wiring harness )

As far as cost I did this using all OEM Brand New Parts , Back in 04 it cost me about $1200 bucks if I remember correctly . I get a 25% - 30% discount from Ford .

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track