06' 6.0 no start hot

Lodibob

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello and i thank any and all who respond in advance. My 2006 f250 6.0 has a hot no start. I have done updated stc fitting, stand pipes, dummy plugs, ball tubes, and injector orings top to bottom. Fires up quick when cold but will not climb above 300 psi icp when hot cranking. Ipr goes straight to 84.7 at wot. Hot idle is 580 psi. Sometimes ipr goes to 84.7 at idle then gas it a little and it comes within normal range. Once in awhile it stalls at stop light because icp drops below 500 psi. Then will not start til eot is around 150f degrees or less. Sometimes sooner if i through ether at her but i have only done that in emergency. Thank anybody with help in this matter.
P. S.
I use scanguage 2 and have auto enginuity with ford bundle also.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
These trucks need to see 500psi or no start. Sounds like a HPOP (High Pressure Oil Pump) problem to me. How many miles on your truck? Have you changed the ICP? I would start there as it is cheaper than the oil pump. Any codes?

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Dave said and asked and.. what weight and type of oil are you using ??

Joe

Lodibob

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Truck has a little over 200,000 and i run rotella 15/40. I have air tested at the ipr connection and the icp also. Small leaks can be heard underneath of the oil rails but are hard to pinpoint. I'm thinking about trying a dye in my oil. Any suggestions on that or anything else are greatly appreciated .

Lodibob

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I will try new icp tonight after work. I don't think that is it but i am stumped. When cold truck fires right up and idles at about 650-700 psi icp. Then when it warms up idle is between 500-590. Ipr at hot idle is usually around 30% but once in a while it will creep all the way to 84.7% at idle. Wide open throttle always jumps to 84.7% right away. Sometimes it will run for hours and sometimes it will randomly die at a stop sign or light. I understand that happens when the pressure falls below 500 just not sure why it is random. Also at operating temp icp will not build above 300 psi until cools down a bit. I can get it to fire with ether but i refuse to use it unless im in a bad spot. Like middle of intersection or something. I am a heavy equipment operator by trade so i have seen what ether can do to a motor. Nothing good. Thanx again to anyone willing to help me here.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Does your scanner show an codes? You should always scan any problems before seeking help. I always scanned my truck before I took it in for work.

Dave ;tu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58