Help Needed 06 superduty front axle hop

amarillo350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ive got a 2006 f350 and have competed in about 15 truck pulls and most of the time my front axle starts hopping and it kills my distance because i always have to let of the gas to stop it. i have no idea what to do. people have suggested traction bars but i dont know how to go about designing them. if anyone has experienced this and has pictures or suggestions about how to take care of this let please show me or let me know asap

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
I've never done a pulling event, but I am wondering if your issue is coming from not having enough weight on the front end of the truck to keep the tires planted and the suspension isn't staying compressed enough to prevent the truck from bouncing. It seems like a good place to start with some process of elimination. I sure see alot of pictures of pulling trucks setup with some sort of permanent or detachable front counterweight set up, especially the full blown all out race rigs. Hope this helps.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I've pulled mine a few times and the front end hops bad too. I was thinking about adding some HD double shocks. Hanging weight on the front is out for me as I'm over the 8000lb class and to close to the 8500lb limit to make much difference. My 01 hopped in the rear so go figure that out.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
Our 06's are coil sprung in front so traction bars wouldn't help. If you were to put on some rear bars I would go with something alot longer than tho's.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
your weight transfer is off
so the front end lightens up, and hoppity hoppityhop

can you add weight up front and still stay in weight class

f100cleveland

Reaction score
your weight transfer is off
so the front end lightens up, and hoppity hoppityhop

can you add weight up front and still stay in weight class

I have only pulled for the fun of it and really just wanted to see what the trucks would do. I could only put 200lbs. on the front and stay in the 8500lb. class and it would be more work to build a bracket than the fun factor of just hopping down the track once or twice.:innocent

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim