New Member 08 F-350

yontz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm glad I found y'all. We have an 08 F-350 Dually with 30,000 miles on it and we are having trouble.... Took it in for the "Check Engine Light" and they kept it for 2 days only to tell us they don't know what it is...

Said they are aware of the problem and they have their engineers working on it. Told us to take it on homeand to call them back in 2 weeks and see if they have an answer on what it us yet. The code is P2263. We have a horse ride this weekend and we are afraid to risk pulling our horses up a mountain with and unkown something wrong with the truck. Anyone else had this problem?

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question. What kinda mileage you getting with 30k on the clock. City and highway.....

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
P2263 is Turbo/Super Charger Boost System Performance.

What kind of symptoms are you seeing or what was going on at the time the code set?

Welcome to the forums!

yontz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
We have the tow boss and avg 11- 12 mpg. Doesn't change much when pulling the horse trailer.

Codes are P1336 and P2263. Light keeps coming back on. If you put it in a bind or romp on it you get very little boost. "Engineering is currently investigating".

yontz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well... it's been well over 2 weeks and nothing from the dealership on what is wrong with our truck. It is now sputtering and cutting off. The tailpipe is covered in black soot almost like tar. It blows the black soot out to the point that a car beside us got a little peeved at us on the highway. I'm taking it back in tomorrow with a bit of a different attitude... We really love this truck but why make these payments on something we can't use....

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome glad to have you hear. Hope your problem gets fixed. But if that dealer can't tell you a code problem I would find a different dealer to take it to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58