08 Superduty Plug in the bed.

Johnswiftm

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just some info for some that are thinking of adding a plug in the bed of the truck. Do not try to tap into the wires going to the 7 way plug on the bumper as it will start showing trailer wiring faults on the dash. Need to use something like the Deaw-tite pn 20110 breakout and it will solve the problem. I have had 3 come back because of this and installed the breakout and fixed it.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fits 98 thru 08...seems betther than cutting or splicing...
59 bucks from etrailer.com --> Draw-Tite Fifth Wheel and Gooseneck Wiring Harness - Ford with Factory Tow p/n:20110

picexpander.aspx

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have the long bed truck, and the 5th wheel tailgate, and the RV electrical cable reaches fine to the bumper plug. No need to put the plug in the bed area.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have the long bed truck, and the 5th wheel tailgate, and the RV electrical cable reaches fine to the bumper plug. No need to put the plug in the bed area.

Max, mine is a short bed, but I'll check the bumper plug the next time I hitch up. This truck, and the 93 F150 before it, has the plug in the bed.

jhamlin164

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I Second the Motion....................

Hi Guys,

I have to agree ABSOLUTELY with the original poster on this one.............you have to get what is called a "T-connector" if you desire to plug the power cord into the bed of your truck;) . I had the dealer install mine at the same time they installed my Husky AirBox 5er hitch.:D

Regards,

Jerry

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I did not use the power line to the plug its only a 14Ga line and by the distance from the battery to the bumper the voltage dropped to 12 volt and hardly showed charging my battery. I always run a short line to the in box plug and use no less then 10Ga wire. What a cheap way to think we RV'ers can accept such a weak line when its recommended to use a 10Ga line. I would rather splice in then having 10 extra feet of wires going to the 5th wheel plug in the box. I have always used my truck and trailer batteries when bomdocking and succesfully charged the 4 bateries without the use of a generator, so the line for me has to be one all the time, Its so easy to pull the plug when I want to conserve the truck batteries.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14