09 Ford Factory Nav override

caddy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, Is there a way to override the safety features in the 09 Ford Nav unit with Sirius. Have been looking for a fix, either plug and play software or rig. I bought a 09 250 crew 4x4 King Ranch a couple of months ago and it is frustrating not being able to use all the features of a nice nav system while driving. I mean I would like to use the travel link and all the nav features while going faster than 5 mph. I also plan on going on vacation in august from TX to FL and it would be nice to let the kids watch a movie on the trip. Why have a dvd if you can't use it unless in park. The whole idea of the dvd in the car/truck is for passenger entertainment while DRIVING! Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks :dunno

allentx1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
a year later...

I know this is an old post, but thought I would mention that coastal-tech makes a lock pick for the Ford Sync system that allows DVD watching and Nav features while driving. I am going to purchase for my new 2010 and I had one in the 2008 Chevy before. Works well and the install is plug and play with factory "in-line" connectors. Just unplug and replug. Easy. Check the website for the demo's, seriously took me longer to un box than to install. :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr