12"sub enclosures for crew cab

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
Im wanting to put two 12" subs in my truck, does anybody here have or know someone that has bulit a 12"sub enclosures for crew cab. even if you can see it. Pics or links

ZILLA

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I tore out my front center seat and put in a floor firing 15" solobaric. It seriously hammers. I reused the original console box for the top. Looks almost original. I will post some pics soon.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
sweet set up but the door mounting wont work for me because i have manual doors:(

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
i got mine all in, alpine 2 way6 1/2s in the doors and tweeters mounted as well, 2 12s in the center console area, pics to come tomorrow

DWGSD1978

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have 4 12s in my crew cab behind the rear seat. I will be building some speaker panels soon as well. Ill post pics up later today

Wagonized

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
its easy to fit the subs behind the rear seat...what isnt easy is to fit quality subs with a nice sized motor and basket back there. Im building an enclosure right now for either 3 kicker solo X 10s or 3 Digital Designs 9900 series 12s to fit behind my rear seat. Although Im making brackets to relocate the rear seat forward 6".

Wont be as roomy for the rear passengers but the sound will more than makeup for it. Im a basshead at heart. Have competed in dbdrag for years and set several records etc...I have 4 rockford p1 10s in my truck currently in a sealed enclosure behind the rear seats in stock location and it does 140.3 db on the termlab which is loud to most people but I absolutely cant stand it. Need something louder that hits lower.

Ill post pics of the woofer setup when im done.

But heres the dimensions for those interested.

60wide X 17 1/4 tall X 10 1/8" top depth X 13 5/8" bottom depth

5.63 cubic feet total before port, woofer and brace displacements with a double front baffle all made from 3/4" mdf

my bracing will take next to no volume at all as it will just be threaded rods running front to back to stiffen those panels. All others should be totally fine as is.

Also just to add ull get far better results puttin a sub behind the rear seat or under the rear seats than building it up front to replace the fold down console. Youll never get as much cabin gain with that method.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64