12's in a 99-03

Reaction score
Not sure who first asked me for these pictures but they are of my behind the seat box. Two JL Audio 12's W3V3's they are about as deep as you can get.

box measurements
width is 4'8"
top is 6"
bottom is 9"

The seat has to be moved forward 3 inches. This is accomplished by removing the seat and pulling off the 1" square tubing with the seat studs on it. Then you flip it 180 degrees and it will give you the room that you need. Any other questions dont be afraid to ask i'll help as much as i can.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this post Big Rooster. I have 2 Rockford Fosgate 10's that are deep. We were trying to figure out how to put the speakers behind the seat and make them fit. Good lookin setup.

Big Stu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure who first asked me for these pictures but they are of my behind the seat box. Two JL Audio 12's W3V3's they are about as deep as you can get.

box measurements
width is 4'8"
top is 6"
bottom is 9"

The seat has to be moved forward 3 inches. This is accomplished by removing the seat and pulling off the 1" square tubing with the seat studs on it. Then you flip it 180 degrees and it will give you the room that you need. Any other questions dont be afraid to ask i'll help as much as i can.

Sweet looking install, those subs hit great exactly what i have in my truck.:sweet

pdt1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack, but how do you determine the proper box volume for a sub?

I don't know exact specs, but I have a 12" dual-voice coil sub (200Watt RMS and 600 Peak I think) that I'd like to build a box for...I just don't know what size to make it.

Reaction score
well first you need to measure where its gonna go and find out how much room yer gonna have. Once you find yer limitations wether its width or height or depth. Then you just gotta use a little algebra once you have two measurements.

Speaker Enclosure Volume Calculator course this works too haha.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got rid of the 10's and went with 15's. Finished the box tonight and waiting for the glue to dry on the center support. Can't wait to hear what they sound like tomorrow after work.

Reaction score
All i gotta say is wow. my buddy has 15's in a super cab with the seat folded. Need to take pics of that console its gotta be massive.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually it is really not that big. It is 6" wide at the top 9" wide at the bottom. 60" long and 22" tall. With 4X9" ports. Will take pics when I get it installed.

steel-man

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey any spec on a box for two 12s that will fit a 2000 350 with those darn captain seats with the center console in between them in the back ...any flip on mounts to get that 3in ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58