!!

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
I shimmed my pump last week and ran the truck in place then quit for the day. Went out two days later for a trip to town. Made it a mile out and it vibrated like a drive line then shut off. Cranked it over to see if the tach was working which it was but no starty. Got towed home and tried startup again. this time it knocked like not enough fuel. Opened the fuel filter and it was empty. Turned the key on and still no fuel. Checked all the fuses, OK. Checked them again, OK. Read the manual, started messaging got rained out. Freah start next day. put test light on pump, no power. Check fuses and manual again. Ran jump lead to battery and scratched the post, nothing till third scratch. Fuel all over the driveway. I'm in deep doodoo now. Hit the key for laughs, more fuel down the driveway. Put it all together and fired allmost right up. Drove around for a hour, washed and parked. What is going on?? I can't see shimming the regulator having anything to do with it or not. I've had a black cloud over my head this month. My wife stands in front of me everytime i pick up a tool. Any imput at all is welcome. Next time it might not be a Ford on the other end of the strap!

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you shim the fuel pressure regulator, you do put a little more load on the fuel pump. Its possible you had/have a bad connection somewhere, or the fuel pump is starting to die, or fuel pump relay is starting to flake out, or something.

But, I think you nailed the problem point, something related to the fuel pump circuit or the fuel pump itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14