2-stroke oil

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone mixing the Marine 2Stroke oil in their 6.4? I read about it all the time but not sure if it's OK to use in the newer engine. Sounds like something the 6.4 would agree with. I'd add it along with the Cetane booster I use from Ford too.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone mixing the Marine 2Stroke oil in their 6.4? I read about it all the time but not sure if it's OK to use in the newer engine. Sounds like something the 6.4 would agree with. I'd add it along with the Cetane booster I use from Ford too.

My take on it is.. the 6.4 parts, pieces, seals & gaskets are designed, from the gound up.. for the ULSC diesel. No additives are needed to compensate for the limited lubrisity of ULSC.... like with the older engines.

But.. I wouldn't think it would hurt anything :dunno

Joe

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My take on it is.. the 6.4 parts, pieces, seals & gaskets are designed, from the gound up.. for the ULSC diesel. No additives are needed to compensate for the limited lubrisity of ULSC.... like with the older engines.

But.. I wouldn't think it would hurt anything :dunno

Joe

that's true. I didn't think of that.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
this is just a speculation, but i would think it would clog the dpf more often and go through regen more. other than that i dont see how anything else would be harmed, but like joe said, it was designed with ULSD in mind.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is just a speculation, but i would think it would clog the dpf more often and go through regen more. other than that i dont see how anything else would be harmed, but like joe said, it was designed with ULSD in mind.

Good point Zookie, about the dpf. Something ELSE to think about.. before using a fuel additive in a 6.4 ?.. the dpf.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl