2000 7.3 oil cooler

john griffin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed a black spot under the truck a couple weeks ago and knew I had a leak.Of course it got progressivly worse untill now I am getting a trail of black dots! Its been leaking 1.5 qts everytime I plow(about 4.5 hrs).Anyway,I finally got the hoist bay cleaned out and as I suspected, its dripping1 drop every 10 seconds at the rear of the cooler.Getting this thing off looks like a major jobat the front end of it.Has anyone changed one out,or (given the time of year) is this a job for the IH dealer?

john griffin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She goes monday for a new cooler.Of course the left fenders have to come off(again) and the motor lifted up.I decided to go with a complete new unit because of the dissimalar metals and the heavy rust on the shell.I probably should have ask the $ difference but at this point I have so much in this rig that it doesnt matter,I just want it right.I plowed again today for 4 hrs and the leak hasnt gotten worse,I had to add 1.5 qt.We have more snow comming tomorrow so one more plow on sat,then take the plow off and away she goes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr