2000 F250 Dead!

bigdogal

BigDogAl
Reaction score
Yesterday, we got subzero temps and snow so I started my truck. It started fine, warmed up fine, I put it in gear and took off and made it about 100' before truck stalled. It didn't sputter, run rough or did anything that would have caused me concern, it just flat quit! It would crank but no start, not even a sputter. I got my code reader out and it gives me an error that it can't communicate with the ECU, I have never had that happen before. Any ideas!

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would look at the fuses. Specifically the one for the pcm/fuel heater. Fuel heater could have shorted, if so just unplug it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

bigdogal

BigDogAl
Reaction score
Just went out to check and WTS light came on, then went off, so I checked to see if rpms were indicated indicated on tach when cranking. Well it fired up, ran real rough for about one minute and died. Now, no WTS light, no rpms indicated on tach when cranking and no start or even smoke. Checked fuses, all okay. Code reader still gives me error message that it can't communicate with ECU, even tried different code reader.

bigdogal

BigDogAl
Reaction score
Found the problem. The fuse for the ECU was good but the terminal on one side in the fuse block was slightly corroded causing and intermittent power issue to the ECU, fixed the terminal inside the fuse block and power was restored. So although the fuse was good, that was the location of the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr