2001 F-250 Turbo refresh

lvhdude

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I have wet oil blowing out my exhaust pipe under towing load, spraying out in a fan pattern across my flat trailer and the motorcycles on it. Methinks a turbo seal is the likely culprit.

So I have in hand a rebuild kit, and a Billet compressor wheel, but in looking over my intended project I see an exhaust leak at the top of the left up pipe into the turbo, and it seems some oil leaking from what I assume to be the HPOP lines going into the cylinder heads. Left side is worse, seems to be a lot of movement in the cylinder head connection. Maybe worn or a loose seal there?

This work is new to me, well on these trucks anyway, and I would welcome advice as to what exhaust gaskets, seals, and related parts are going to likely be required.

I saw the 5 or so year old post about a stainless crossover line from riff raff that seems to be a good investment, looks like it connects where there are currently plugs in the heads. But other than a couple of O-rings that look like they probably go in the turbo pedestal to turbo connection there are no exhaust gaskets or donuts in the kit. Seems like lots of stuff has to come off, and I hate to have to run to the parts house or order more stuff halfway through as the truck will be on someone else's lift.

I appreciate input that is well intentioned, thank you in advance for insight and advice! Joe.

lvhdude

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wow! No info on exhaust gaskets or what the seals are on the HPOP line connections at the heads?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr