Question 2001 F250 Horn Doesn't Work

diesel4camping

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK. I have searched and searched and cannot find any specifics. My horn doesn't work and when I replace the fuse and hit the horn the fuse blows again. I have been told that the horn may be fried or the contacts corroded or possibly a short in the wiring. Regardless, I need to get to the horn. I know the horn resides in the inner fender well on the passengers side of the truck. I have removed all the bolts and plugs from the inner fender well, but I can't get the dang inner fender well out. It is a rigid little sucker that doesn't like to give much. I don't want to damage the exterior fender.

Can anyone give me any hints on what to do to get the inner fender out? I am not a newbie to working on a vehicle, but this has me stumped.

Thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Why are you trying to remove the inner fender? The horn is held on with a bolt. Remove the bolt and the horn will come out. Replace thehorn before you go tracing the wires. I am betting the horn is bad.

Dave ;tu

diesel4camping

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The horn is located behind the inner fender well. It has to be removed to get to the horn. Even if I remove the bolt, I still need to remove the inner fender well to get the horn out.

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
i've notice also thats a bad spot, could you possibly wire in a new horn off the old wire and relocate it to a more convienent spot

diesel4camping

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I thought about that but decided top stick with stock instead. I bought the truck for my son and figure he can do mods when he starts driving and has saved up some money as well. Maybe he will join the forum as well. After posting here and not getting any replies on how to get it out, I decided to contact the dealership where I bought it. Since the horn is required to pass state inspection, they are going to fix it.

So I guess you say "problem solved".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track