2002 F250 Lift Options

t.jackson

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just bought a 2002 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 with the 7.3 in it. I want to fit 37's. I was looking for a lift in the 6"-8" range? What are my best options and what things should I look for when buying a lift this size?

BTW...It will see plenty off off road use but nothing super extreme; kind of a daily driver & weekend warrior truck.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Well if yer goin that big I would look into dynatrac's combo kit. If yer gonna lift it that big (6" or bigger) you will be puttin ALOT of stress on the front wheel bearings. Those unit bearings can only be bought as a complete assembly and are like $300-$400 a pop. The dynatrac combo kit replaces the front hub with a serviceable cone bearing like the old trucks we are used to and also replaces all the steering linkage that is prone to wear and breakage. I've seen the kits for around $3500. Call around. Heard great things about it. Or you can just get their hub kits that dont come with the steering linkage stuff for like $1500. One of those kits is def a must if yer goin that big and actually offroading it. I dont know who makes the best kit out there. Just stick to name brands and you will be good to go. :sweet

t.jackson

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks that helps a lot; I was wondering about that.

Anyone else know which lift would be the best for my dollar considering its going to actually be used? lol Anything is appreciated.

Red Monkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also look at BDS lift kits. They have a 'no fine print' life time warrenty, if a part breaks for ANY reason it will be replaced. 37" will easly fit with a 6" lift.

chuck416ex

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have a 6inch superlift soft ride,on 37's on 17x10 wheels. rub a little on full lock turnig left, only problem i have had is with the rubber spring bushings. GET POLY SPRING BUSHINGS!!!!! the rubbers wear out and are a pain in the arse to hammer out after a few years. i pull a 24 ft toy hualer with no problems, pass everything but the fuel pump.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
i have a 6inch superlift soft ride,on 37's on 17x10 wheels. rub a little on full lock turnig left, only problem i have had is with the rubber spring bushings. GET POLY SPRING BUSHINGS!!!!! the rubbers wear out and are a pain in the arse to hammer out after a few years. i pull a 24 ft toy hualer with no problems, pass everything but the fuel pump.

What kind of mpg's you gettin with your truck, pulling and not pulling.

t.jackson

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

Do you think the rubbing at full lock is because of your wheels? The offset or backspacing? Also how much did it all run you?

chuck416ex

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
helped a buddy pull the lift,tires & wheels off a trk about to get repoed.put my stk suspenion under it, and let em take it!! running around town and stuff i get 14 to 15 mpgs(if i can keep my foot out of it)pulling the trailer loaded(8k) with quads,water,fuel,fire wood & all the camping junk i get 10 to 11 mpg crossing hills and mountains to get off the coast.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
helped a buddy pull the lift,tires & wheels off a trk about to get repoed.put my stk suspenion under it, and let em take it!! running around town and stuff i get 14 to 15 mpgs(if i can keep my foot out of it)pulling the trailer loaded(8k) with quads,water,fuel,fire wood & all the camping junk i get 10 to 11 mpg crossing hills and mountains to get off the coast.

I'd like to have my truck have the same stance as yours. Do you know what kind of lift you got and does it seem to be a well built system?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg