2002 F350 7.3 auto tranny issues

Josh Tiedemann

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hoping to get someone that had this problem, pulling a fifth wheel trailer 20 miles get to the destination and put it in reverse and it dumps 2 quarts of tranny fluid, this has happened 3 times! the trans doesn't ever see temps over 140 degrees. pulled it 100 miles and back up, no problems, it only does it on short trips...

john mathis

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 02 done this same thing a couple times. A transmission shop told me the front pump seal and bushings get wore and can cause this. They also said there's more pressure created when in reverse ( could be true i guess) I was on the pedal pretty hard backing uphill when mine belched fluid. I never had any work done to my transmission and now if i have to back a load uphill i use 4 low reducing the stress on the transmission.

BruceB

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hoping to get someone that had this problem, pulling a fifth wheel trailer 20 miles get to the destination and put it in reverse and it dumps 2 quarts of tranny fluid, this has happened 3 times! the trans doesn't ever see temps over 140 degrees. pulled it 100 miles and back up, no problems, it only does it on short trips...
My 2001 did that thing a couple of years ago. Trans shop said the same thing, internal hydraulic pressure is higher in reverse. The problem on mine was the solenoid pack blew a big leak which dumped a big trail of fluid in reverse when I was backing my travel trailer into the storage yard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64