Help Needed 2003 6.0 died while driving/no start

Reaction score
i was about two blocks from home when it just died, and now it wont start. checked every fuse/ replaced both fuel filters, still nothing. just cranks and cranks... no white smoke what so ever. no anything. i have fuel pressure at the filter or bowl i believe its referred to? glow plugs seem to be working, no checkengine light. any ideas where to go from here? i dont know much about these, is there an injector pump that could go wrong and an easy way to check?

Last edited:

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good chance the FICM (Fuel injection control mod) took a dump - Common on 03's

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You are going to have to take your truck in to Ford and have them scan it. You, and everyone else is just guessing at this point. My FICM died a couple of months ago. Same deal with the no start. I scanned it and saw the codes, but I did not have the time to do the work myself, so in it went. I had about 115,000 mmiles on the clock.

Dave

Reaction score
you dont happen to remember what it costs to have ford replace that would you? or how much it is just to buy the part yourself? i appreciate the feedback.

atk

Reaction score
still can have codes with a no CEL....if you are referring to the FICM, it HAS to programmed(for it to work)at Ford dealership....

Reaction score
well lucky for me i am not an average truck owner... i'm slightly below average! lol. anyhow i believe my dad is pulling it to the shop today and they will check into it. i still have a little glimmer of hope that its someething stupid and simple so i feel like a tard. but hey! i'm ok with that. :doh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58