New Member 2003 F-350 won't start after driving

crybury

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 F-350 6.0. After I drive it for 10 minutes or more, then cut it off, I'm not able to crank it again for at least another 30 minutes or more. No problems at all on a cold start, only after it is to operating temperature do I experience this problem. I pulled a code that said cylinder 6 & 3 Glow Plug circuit. Is it likely a glow plug problem, or is this just a symptom of a bigger issue?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Do you mean it won't start after 10 minutes - or - do you mean it will not turn the starter? I would suspect you mean it will not start after 10 minutes. How many miles are on your motor? The Glow Plugs have nothing to do with your no-start problem. These engines need 500 psi oil pressure at cranking or they will not start. Your HPOP (High Pressure Oil Pump) may be shot. Did you see any other codes when you scanned it? What were the codes?

And :welcome to SDD!

Dave

crybury

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Do you mean it won't start after 10 minutes - or - do you mean it will not turn the starter? I would suspect you mean it will not start after 10 minutes. How many miles are on your motor? The Glow Plugs have nothing to do with your no-start problem. These engines need 500 psi oil pressure at cranking or they will not start. Your HPOP (High Pressure Oil Pump) may be shot. Did you see any other codes when you scanned it? What were the codes?

And :welcome to SDD!

Dave

It has 177,000 miles on it. Code was P0676. /There were actually 2 codes, but they were both glow plug codes.No other codes are present. The starter turns, it just won't start. After the motor cools down, it cranks fine.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
OK, great. This sounds like a typical FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) problem. I had mine go out at 115,000 miles. Your best bet is to check out this site;
http://ficmrepair.com/ They specialize in repairing your FICM. CHeck them out to see the details. EASY!

Dave :coffee

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14