2006 F350 4x4 Camper Package.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory stock.

Hi Shawnrans;

I ordered the truck from the factory with 4x4 and camper package. It is stock from the factory. I have not made any changes to it yet. How tall is your truck from the ground to the top of the tailgate in the up position? Mine is 58 1/2 inches. I know that when I stand up in the bed, and look at the ground, I wish I had a parachute. One more inch higher and I would buy an oxygen mask.

Shawnrans

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Maxtor,
I'm not sure of the measured height, but I'm only 5'5" on a good day and I am about eye level with the top of the tailgate. Most all of my friends have lifted trucks and all of them have done a spring over on their trailers with nary an issue. Worst case you may have to drop your pinbox on a 5er one notch so the trailer doesn't sit nose down thus keeping the weight towards the rear axels. Bottom line is that you can go shopping for about any trailer you want!
That is of course with the approval of congress (wife)!!:thumbs
Shawn

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Shawnrans;

Sounds about right, if I get them to reverse the axles, but I have had a 5th wheel with the axles reversed, and I did not like it. I have been taking extra effort to look at other rigs running on down the road, and about 8 out of 10 5th wheels are pointing skyward. Some worst than others. At any rate, it is important to have a level rig, so the weight of the 5th wheel is evenly ballanced between both axles, or all three axles with the larger 5th wheels.
LOL..... at 30 I was 5' 9" at 40 5' 8" at 60 5' 7" ..... so give me some time and we will be eyeball to eyeball.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14