2007 f350 6.0 no start

dieseldoyle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK IVE BEEN WORKING ON FORD DIESELS FOR 20 YEARS NOW I HAVE A 2006 F350 WITH A 6.0 THAT WILL NOT START. I HAVE ALLTHE CORRECT DATA AND YET NO START. I HAVE CORRECT ICP PRESSURE AND VOLTAGE I HAVE PROPER IPR PERCENT I HAVE ALL FICM POWER PIDS CORRECT ALONG WITH 48.5 MPOWER.I HAVE SYNC AND FICM SYNC I HAVE NO CODES AND WHAT I NOTICE IS THE INJECTORS DO NOT CYCLE WHEN KEY IS TURNED ON I TRIED NEW FICM AND INJECTOR HARNESS.IT PASSES BUZZ TEST AND I EVEN PLUGGED IN A INJECTOR OUT OF THE ENGINE AND WHEN I PERFORM THE BUZZ TEST IT CLICKS THE INJECTORS I TESTED ALL 8 ALL CLICK BUT WHEN I TURN THE KEY ON I GET NO BUZZ.I DID A PMI ON THE FICM ONCE I REPLACED IT AND I EVEN DID A PMI ON THE PCM BUT STILL CRANKS BUT NO START.FICM WILL NOT CYCLE THE INJECTORS WHEN KEY IS ON. IT DOES HAVE A AUTO START WITCH DOES CRANK THE TRUCK WHEN ACTIVATED BUT STILL NO START.I THOUGHT IVE SEEN IT ALL BUT NOW IM BURIED WITH THIS AND OFCOURSE ITS KILLIN ME. ANY IDEAS?I HAVE 55PSI OF FUEL PRESSURE AND IT HAS A BRAND NEW PUMP REGARDLESS

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD dieseldoyle. Let me say that typing in ALL CAPS is considered shouting. I sold my 6.0 two years ago. So I am not up to date with this. Have you scanned your truck and what codes does it show. The codes will tell you what the truck thinks is wrong.

dieseldoyle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hello dave sorry about the all caps lol I had my cap lock button broken on keyboard wasn't trying to be shouting lol.i have no codes and I communicate with ficm also passes buzz test I have no injector clatter with key on I have new ficm and new injector harness and new ficm relay.key on trigger power to ficm relay is present and all ficm pids read correctly.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Have you drained the water-in-filter filter on the frame beneath the driver's seat? How much fuel is in your tank?

dieseldoyle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok tank has 3/4 of fuel in it.i did drain out the sample from wif module clean fuel source.fuel psi during cranking is 55 psi also I did change the fuel pump since I had a new one.

Mike Cleary

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK IVE BEEN WORKING ON FORD DIESELS FOR 20 YEARS NOW I HAVE A 2006 F350 WITH A 6.0 THAT WILL NOT START. I HAVE ALLTHE CORRECT DATA AND YET NO START. I HAVE CORRECT ICP PRESSURE AND VOLTAGE I HAVE PROPER IPR PERCENT I HAVE ALL FICM POWER PIDS CORRECT ALONG WITH 48.5 MPOWER.I HAVE SYNC AND FICM SYNC I HAVE NO CODES AND WHAT I NOTICE IS THE INJECTORS DO NOT CYCLE WHEN KEY IS TURNED ON I TRIED NEW FICM AND INJECTOR HARNESS.IT PASSES BUZZ TEST AND I EVEN PLUGGED IN A INJECTOR OUT OF THE ENGINE AND WHEN I PERFORM THE BUZZ TEST IT CLICKS THE INJECTORS I TESTED ALL 8 ALL CLICK BUT WHEN I TURN THE KEY ON I GET NO BUZZ.I DID A PMI ON THE FICM ONCE I REPLACED IT AND I EVEN DID A PMI ON THE PCM BUT STILL CRANKS BUT NO START.FICM WILL NOT CYCLE THE INJECTORS WHEN KEY IS ON. IT DOES HAVE A AUTO START WITCH DOES CRANK THE TRUCK WHEN ACTIVATED BUT STILL NO START.I THOUGHT IVE SEEN IT ALL BUT NOW IM BURIED WITH THIS AND OFCOURSE ITS KILLIN ME. ANY IDEAS?I HAVE 55PSI OF FUEL PRESSURE AND IT HAS A BRAND NEW PUMP REGARDLESS

What is the key on engine off ICP voltage? Please email me at [email protected]

dieseldoyle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok mike I will send you the icp voltage koeo. I cant remember but I believe it was .25 and I do reach 1150-1300 within 4 seconds of cranking and my ipr % is roughly 44%.i did unplug the icp to see if it was a biased icp sensor but still have same result.i will get back on it tomorrow and email you the results

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
This has been bugging me for a while. The only thing I can come up with is; have you changed BOTH fuel filters? One is in the water separator and the other is on top of the engine (of course). Do you get any smoke when trying to start the truck?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track