2008 6.4l f450

Reepo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Truck was driven from Charleston to Myrtle Beach with no issues. Went to start up after a few hours and nothing happened. Engine would crank but would not fire up. The wrench light came illuminated on the dash. Hooked up jumper cables to the wife's car and the truck fired up, but ran VERY rough. Will not go above 40 MPH, and when I try, it shakes and shudders. Noticed smoke coming out of exhaust for about 1/2 mile while limping back to hotel, then went away.When I tried to accelerate, it struggled to get any power. Replaced one battery about 3 weeks ago. Truck only has 60K miles. Possible fuel pump issue? Please help.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to get it to a Ford dealer and have them pull the codes.
We been down this road many times, it may be or it may not be, but you need to replace your batterys two at a time and Motorcraft makes the best batterys for your truck. Clean the cables real good when you put new batterys on. Hope this gets you back on the road.
Doug

Reepo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
At the dealership

I talked to a few guys locally and they said the same thing. They also said that it may be a throttle sensor. Started the truck up at the hotel and the problem came back. Shut it off and restarted... no wrench, no throttle probs and ran like it normally does/ should. Still dropped it off at the dealer for them to look at. Thanks for the help.

Reepo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
and the saga ends

So, after a month at the dealer, I finally got the truck back. Injectors replaced (x2), HP/ LP fuel pump replaced (x2) and all fuel lines replaced... truck works fine now. Dealership said there was some debris in the fuel. Watch out for bad diesel.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58