2008 f250 leaking at passenger floor when it rains.

Mike SVOR

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
My 2008 f250 started leaking water into the cab. It is coming from way up under the dash on the far right corner. Its not coming from the windshield and its not coming from the A/C. Its not coming from the antenna seal. Its further up and forward than the antenna seal under the dash.
Is there a seal or body calk that is around that area that goes bad and leaks on these trucks?
Please help.
My truck smells like mold.

Should I remove the entire front fender or is there a possible hole under the cowl area?
Need help.

TwinTop

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If you have marker lights on your cab give that area a check. A little silicone around the lights may solve your problem.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be suspicious of the windshield seal; even though that spot you describe is forward of the windshield water flows down hill and along edges.

You could test with a hose and an extra set of hands. And maybe a clothes pin for your nose. LOL Just a thought.

James Lucas

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of places water can enter the cab. Go ahead and remove the sun visors and headliner. If your truck has a sunroof you will see a drain tube in each corner. The sunroof housing is larger than the part that opens, So, the rear drains are in the back. If the drains are flowing freely your on to the next step. The drains channel “manage” the water that gets into the sunroof pan (yes water gets in while the glass is shut.
This is work I performed for years for service depts. Before you water test always control the water and start at the bottom of the firewall and pause before moving up. The second most common water leak is the stoppage of draining water that gets in the cowling area all across the bottom of the windshield. Leaves and debris clog up the back corners of the front fenders. Let water flow down across the cowling and both lower sides of the windshield. Make sure no water is showing in the truck. You should see water at the back of the front fender bottom flowing freely. If it is building up because it can’t escape through the bottom it will eventually come inside. Water seal and water management are two entirely different distinct ways utilized by the factory. The fresh air intake will flood if water isn’t aloud to drain. Also...leaking while driving? Do you park on a hill and if so is the front uphill or downhill when you park. NEVER just start putting sealer on anything! You must find the actual water penetration first. I have also removed the dash and carpet in extreme situations. But I always find the penetration on the inside. Water can run various directions on top of the headliner and under the carpet. Metal channels as well. Last you can use duct tape around the glass or sunroof glass temporarily to eliminate those.

James Lucas

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I also found a short drain trough formed into the firewall to let water drain and not enter the fresh air (vent) behind the a/c at the firewall. It was clogged with leaves and debris and the water would come in under the dash and behind the carpet that goes up toward the lower dash. It was a ford product as well.

olesmokey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
3M makes an outdoor-rated. leave no residue duct tape. Disconnect sunroof switch before taping your sunroof opening. That stopped my leaky sunroof. Thought also about automotive skin/ plastic film.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr