2008 radio removal?

1jeep

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i just purchased a 2008 f350 lariat and want to install my radio but prior to i want to verify a few things.

The dash plate around the radio, is it just a snap in place item?
Will a double din radion fit?

are both fronts and rear speakers in the super cab 6x8?

thanks.

Notplayn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
1Jeep

I just bought a Pioneer avicz110BT for my 08 F350. Yes it is a double din. This is what I did to remove the dash panel on my truck. (Just about 30 mins ago so I know where you are coming from with the questions). -Start at the bottom with with cup holder. Open it up and you will find 2 7mm screws, remove them. Remove the coin holder (on mine anyway, but while I had it apart I installed the upfitter switches :sly) and the trailer brake controller. There are two tabs top and bottom on both. Once out you will see four more 7mm screws, remove them. The two outer ones are easy the two behind the controller/coin holder you will need a swivel attachment. If you have not already, remove the panel under the steering column (it pulls off). You will find another 7mm screw, remove it. Probably should have started with that since that one screw also holds on the cup holder panel. Ok we have removed seven 7mm screws and removed the brake controller and coin holder (whatever is there). Start pulling up on the center panel, work from the bottom up pulling outward. At this point it is only held in with clips. Four 7mm screw hold the radio in, remove it. The two connectors are easy to unhook. -----When removing the antenna on the back of the radio pull up on the black barrel piece not the antenna cable itself to unhook it.;tu

Last edited:

1jeep

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks this is what i was looking for.

Did you swap out the speakers? If so any tips on removing the panels?

I think i am going to be challenged as my truck is a super cab i have 2 amps and a sub to install, but i need to keep the seat fully operable.

I really like the truck, but my old toyota tundra double cab was much more accomidating for stereo upgrades.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58