2011 6.7 EGT sensor issue

Discussion in '6.7L PowerStroke Engine & Drivetrain' started by Blueswede, Jul 4, 2022.

1. Blueswede

Blueswede SDD Junior Member

So is had my CEL go on about 2 hours in to our trip from So Cal to Utah to go camping. Had no performance issues up or back. I took it in the the Ford dealership to have the issue diagnosed and repaired. I was told that I need the EGT sensor replaced. Cost was going to be a bit under $600. Fine with me. He then called and said that the mechanic found that the threads were stripped and that I would need to replace all the other filters/sensors to make it work. Cost was now a bit shy of 9K! I told him that was not acceptable. Then was told that they could get someone to rethread the hole. Ended up getting it done for $800. But I was told that since none of the other filters or sensors were replaced, it could happen again. He did say that I could have a shop do a delete. I am not familiar with doing this. Was he correct? And what does a delete actually accomplish? Thanks for the assistance!

2. Nothing like it

Nothing like it SDD Junior Member

There is a Field Service bulletin on my 2012, that extended the replacement of that sensor.
    Ask them point blank because I have a feeling you just paid for their next pizza party.

Mark

3. Nothing like it

EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE SENSOR EXTENDED COVERAGE
    Campaign#
    15M02

4. Blueswede

Blueswede SDD Junior Member

Unfortunately, i"m past the warranty period for this one.....

5. Nothing like it

It's an extension.. Like a recall except it only gets fixed if it fails.