2011 6.7 L cranks, but won’t start.

Fursty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just replaced fuel filters on my 2011 about 80 miles ago. It drove fine. Just filled up with fuel. Truck sat for a week. Drove it a mile and shut it off on the road to visit with a friend. Then went to restart and it just cranked, but would not fire.

I thought maybe bad fuel filters so I replaced them again. It did not help.

I read about possible air in the lower filter so I took it off and put it on again. It did not help.

I would like to check the passenger side fuel cutoff switch, but I can’t find one. Is there one?

What do I check next?

Fursty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update.

Found the passenger side reset switch. Pushed it. It was not tripped. Tried to start. Did not start.

Unhooked the discharge of the top fuel filter and connected it to a clear hose to check for air bubbles. Ran the tube to a bucket. Turned on key and the fuel flowing in the tube did not have air bubbles.

What now?

mjn798

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update.

Found the passenger side reset switch. Pushed it. It was not tripped. Tried to start. Did not start.

Unhooked the discharge of the top fuel filter and connected it to a clear hose to check for air bubbles. Ran the tube to a bucket. Turned on key and the fuel flowing in the tube did not have air bubbles.

What now?
I had the same issue with my 2012 F350. Mine would start and run for about 2 sec before it would die. Ended up being the HPFP.
Apparently it needs like 4000psi to run... the fuel pump on the rail only has enough to get it started and the HPFP takes over.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58