2011 6.7D Fails to accelerate

berickk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 2011 Ford F350 6.7D will start to accelerate then quit. If the accelerator is returned to idle then pressed again the truck will go. I am also getting 12.5 MPG on the highway. Ford says NO COMPUTER CODE NO PROBLEM. Can anyone help me!!!! E-mail [email protected]

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SSD.com, glad to have you here, hope someone
will be along soon that can help you out. I know one guy who is getting 12 MPG pulling a 16,000 fifthwheel. Good Luck.
Doug

bigdogbronco

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am having the same issue. have you gotten this resolved? and what was the issue. i get the same response from ford. nothing wrong.

Russ250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm getting 15-ish mpg when I take it easy... Unless you're stomping on it every time you take off and making the traction control kick in?? Might need to get a second dealership opinion. Good luck!

SHEP2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Unhook both batteries for about 10 min.... Mine did something similar to this and this is what fixed it!!

dc.snowball

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
berickk..have the same phennonom...ican reproduce it too. if u even lightly touch the brake while on the gas..it drops to idle....a failsafe for runaway & so u can't power-brake or do smokey burn-outs...

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Def

system was acting up on mine ...truck would power down to "limp home" mode and not throw any codes. Put the truck inside where it was warm and it was all good for a cpl weeks...then it would start all over. Ford doesn't acknowledge any issues with this system but I have heard thru the grapevine that in fact hey do. Not just Ford I should add. I fixed mine.

SHEP2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You guys may want to try unhooking both batteries for a couple of mins!!! Nasty, how did you fix yours?

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put it inside a warm building overnite...lol....strangely enough...the Sirus radio had been acting up also and it started working again also..go figure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58