2011 clearance lights install

AZ199

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I want to install roof clearance lights on my 2011 f350 diesel, will there be any issues with the side airbags when I full down the roof liner and A pillars?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I would think not. The air bags are usually a separate device that can easily be circumnavigated with a bit of thought. I do not own a later model Super Duty with side air bags.

Dave

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Agreed. I did this same install on my 99. Hardest part was gettin the nerve to drill holes in my roof haha. And also gettin the lights perfectly spaced. I didnt have a template, just measurements.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
In the later model trucks, there is holes for the wire tie-hold downs that are under each light in the inside of the roof section, at the windshield. That will give you the spacing.

Dave

AZ199

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, guess i'll just take my time and hopefully not screw up lol

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SSD.com AZ, glad to have you here, where are you from?
You can do it, but the first hole is the hardest.
Doug

Black Widow

2011 Ford F-250 4X4
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Ford F-250 and I just had cab lights installed...I was nervous and had the same questions, but the guy who did mine said it was relatively easy to install...The only issue I know was sorta difficult was getting the overhead sunglass/vanity light tray down..

Black Widow

2011 Ford F-250 4X4
Reaction score
All the lights look great...I do have one that does not seat flush in the back and it has me worried..I took it up to Ford and had the work checked and they said the lights would not leak..They said the lights were sealed well.. This still concerns me...I might take some clear silicone and squirt some underneath the light and hold the light down til it seats properly...Has anyone had this problem and will my solution most likely fix the issue?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58