2011 Cranks but will not start?

gary candito

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 when I went out to start the truck it just would crank and then nothing?

a while back I had a new key made and it had the remote start, it has worked fine and always started the truck,,however sometimes it would say after it's started "start system fault"

I do not think that was the issue because I've been using that key for a long time but thought I should mention it. has anyone had anything similar?? thanks in advance

carbonation

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Diesels just need fuel and air to run. Fuel pump coming on?
Batteries load tested?
Maybe this TSB applies to you?
Some 2011-2015 F-Super Duty 6.7L diesel equipped vehicles may exhibit an illuminated MIL and DTC P0087,P0088,P0089,P0093, P228F or P2291 associated with a rough idle or crank no start condition. If this condition is present, inspect fuse 33 in the Battery Junction Box (BJB) for an open condition. Use a Digital Volt/Ohm Meter (DVOM) to check the voltage on each pin of the fuse. If there is a voltage difference of more than .5V the fuse is open. Replace the fuse and re-evaluate the concern. If the fuse is not open or any DTC's other than the above are present, follow normal PC/ED diagnostics.

gary candito

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I just wanted to get back and tell you I figured out the problem. the truck was going into anti-theft mode,,I remember I opened the driver side doorwithout using the key,,the window was down so I just popped the lock manually opened the door and the alarm was triggered. I then use the key that was made for me buy locksmith and started the truck to stop the alarm. it wasn't until several days later I went to use the truck and it would not start,,only crank,,after reading my owners manual again and again I finallyfigured I needed to use the "My Key"which was one of the keys that came with the truck from Ford,with that I went into the menu and disabled the remote start and also set everything back to factory default.
What I learned is to actually read my owner's manual thoroughly and not just when there is something that goes Haywire. also if you do lose your key do not take the shortcut and go to a locksmith unless you are certain he knows exactly what he's doing. thanks again for all the suggestions ,,Gary

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64