2011 Powerstroke door badges......they bolted on?

RoadFarmer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2011 powerstroke today and was curious if anyone knew if the door emblems are glued on, or glued/bolted on like most other Ford emblems.
Also.....does anyone make an all chrome ford emblem for the 2011 grille and tailgate? Thanks for the help guys.

A/Ox4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are held on with an adhesive. Most people who want the all chrome look take the factory ones and remove the black lettering with paint thinner.

greatwhiteford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
They are held on with an adhesive. Most people who want the all chrome look take the factory ones and remove the black lettering with paint thinner.

That's what I did on my truck,I don't know if anyone else had a small minor issue I did it was a little tarnished after I stripped the paint off so I used some mothers Billet polish I had laying around and it looked like it was just chromed.

TimberGhost

Buildin' It Up
Reaction score
Blacked Out

Hey all...just came accross this post. I'm actually looking to go the opposite direction from an all-chrome look. I got the black-out overlays for the grill and tailgate ovals and it looks bad-ass! So I'm looking for black-outs for the fender and door badges as well. Anyone with any feedback. I've considered taking them off with fishing line and finishing them in black myself...but would like to show the "PowerStroke" bar in red. That makes it a little more difficult and probably a little over my head to make it look good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58