2015 6.7 ticking noise right side

Wayne Galloway

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Took my 2015 in for an oil change and asked tech to check what sounded like an exhaust leak on the right side. Truck has 36k. Tech heard noise, called Ford support. Had me schedule the truck to have the right side valve cover pulled. Long story short, they replaced valves and lifters on right side, put it back together and it is still making the same noise. Ford wants them to tear the whole engine down this time. Anyone heard of this problem. As of right now it has been 5 weeks in the shop.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What are they telling you? Are you getting anything for your non-use of your truck? When do they think it will be put back together? I am stating nothing specific to the 6.7, just want to know more relevant information. :)

Wayne Galloway

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What are they telling you? Are you getting anything for your non-use of your truck? When do they think it will be put back together? I am stating nothing specific to the 6.7, just want to know more relevant information. :)
Yesterday I finally got the field service engineer manager to agree to sending a whole new engine. They have me in a rental truck for now, a F250 6.2 gas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64