2015 f250

Sarge03

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well I finally decided to trade up from my F150 to the power of a 6.7. Honestly, I got bored with my F150 and wanted something bigger and better. However, I'm new to the diesel side of engines and from what I've seen, there isn't much out yet for the 2015's.

I'm looking for input on the best riding 6"-8" lift for my new project. Don't want to lose to much of the factory ride. I have a BDS lift on my F150. Does the BDS ride as good on the heavier F250?

Performance exhaust system? What systems have been field tested and prove from you guys?

And of course, with the exhaust comes a new intake system. Which performs better from the big names such as S&B, K&N, etc?

Thanks for the input guys.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I can't speak of the 2015 trucks but I would definitely STAY AWAY form the K&N filters! They do not filter very well. You will see dust in the Filtered air flow.

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Aboard Sarge...;tu;tu

There's a AFE dry filter available for your 015.. a bunch more filter surface (more air), but is washable/reusable.... yet fits your stock air box ?

Joe

Sarge03

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
DB, I've heard this from K&N. I had one on my 2012 F150 but it seemed to do a good job for me. But like I said, I've read that from a lot of people so they are now off my list.

Thanks Joe. I've seen several sites that have graphs showing that some intake systems get up to 13 extra HP. I'm thinking how can this be right without having a larger exhaust system and HPFP/LPFP...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joe. I've seen several sites that have graphs showing that some intake systems get up to 13 extra HP. I'm thinking how can this be right without having a larger exhaust system and HPFP/LPFP...

I TWEAKED the heck out of my 7.3... to get more power but I think FOMOCO did some Real Good R&D on this 6.7. Plenty of power.. stock. From what I've learned, and seen by crawling over, around and under my 012.. namely the exhaust.. It's efficient enough.. Don't like the DPF but whady'ya guna do.. with the EPA requirements.(and it ain't over Yet, for future stuff). I use a dose of Power Service fuel treatment in EVERY fill-up.. DPF seems to not cycle as often.

The AFE filter DID make a noticeable difference.. not Whizbang.. jus' better.

Joe

Sarge03

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Thanks Joe. I was just looking at the Power Service treatment. People say it really helps.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep... I'm a believer. I've used it for Many years now.

When the Ford Tech Training guyz come to town.. I usually get an Invite (if it's Dezel related) On one session about Lubes & Additives.. Pro & Con.. [ they ] Highly Recommend a fuel additive for the 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 and 6.7... due to ULSC diesel (basically "Dead", #2 diesel). Kinda re-affirms what I've thought all along.

But Ford is WAY to Proud of theirs.. I get mine at Wal-Mart.

Joe

Sarge03

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yea I did a quick search and it seems they o ly sell it up north. I'm in Texas...

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Aboard Sarge, glad to have you here, we can always use another Texan. (I was once a Texan, but I got kidnapped)
Where you at in North Texas? Got a bunch of good ole boys around there that come here. You should be able to buy Power
Service treatment where you live, I have bought it in Mesquite and Garland at W/Mart and use it most of the time and always when
hooked to the fifth-wheel. Come back often and post a picture of your new truck when you can.
Doug

Sarge03

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Doug, I'm a believer that once a Texan, always a Texan! Lol anyways, I actually live in S/SE Texas about 30 miles north of Houston. I was looking on their website and it seemed like they only sold it in the north east states in store. But maybe this slow Internet on the oil rig didn't load the rest of the states. I'm glad to hear multiple people recommend it here. I actually had to fill up today and wished I had it. Shhhhh, don't tell anyone but I laughed at myself at the gas station because I grabbed the black handle at the pump instead of the green one but realized my mistake before it was inserted.... Just one of many things I look forward to getting used to as I make the transition from gas to diesel. And ya, I will be starting a page with my build as soon as I do a little more research and find what I want to find...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58