2017 Check 4x4 Wrench light-Help!

pizzaguy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 F350 with only 6500 miles on it. When I switch into 4x4 while moving , I get the wrench light but it does seem to engage the 4wd system. I have tried going back and forth between 2H and 4H several times and get the light 9 out of 10 times. Tried with hubs both in auto and locked and still get light. But, if I shut truck off and restart it, I can put it into 4H or 4L without wrench light as long as I do it before moving. Any ideas? Should this be still covered under the powertrain warranty if I take it to dealer?
Thanks for any help.

Jess

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I don’t have any experience with your problem. But I do have a couple of thoughts- It would be good to determine exactly what that light is monitoring- maybe sensors for front auto hub engagement? It would seem like a warranty item if your powertrain is still in warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pizzaguy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks. It was a bad wiring connector and not covered under powertrain warranty, but covered under Fords extended warranty i purchased.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

eZAK61

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:thumbs Sounds good pizzaguy! Gotta like that extended warranty! I know I do. :mxmas Merry Christmas everyone! :sled1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64