2017 F250 DPF Question

aviatordave

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm new around here. Just became the proud owner of a Ford F250 Lariat with the 6.7L. I'm new to diesel engines. So far, I love it and am trying to learn as much as I can about it. I had researched DEF fluid (yep, saying "fluid" is a stutter . . . I know.) and knew what I was getting into with that. I've recently learned about the diesel particulate filter (DPF) just upstream of the SCR where the DEF stuff takes places in the exhaust. I've now read several articles about the DPF and watched several Youtube videos and feel I understand how it works pretty well. I bought the truck to tow our family's travel trailer after our last vehicle just got too tired to pull well. (about 10,000 lbs to pull, loaded, conventional tow)

When I'm not towing the trailer, the truck is my general get around town vehicle. Since the DPF regenerate process needs the truck to be moving at speed for a while, I became interested in the manual regen process. This process, according to all the videos I've watched, is easy to start through the menus on the dash. Off I went, out to the truck to go through the dash menus to find this, more just to familiarize myself with it and I couldn't find it. None of my menus reference this and there's no indicator telling me how clogged the filter is.

So my question is this: Did Ford do something with the 2017 F250's at some point in the year to remove this functionality from the driver for a manual process? I'm guessing my vehicle has a DPF . . .
Anybody have any knowledge about this they'd like to share?

Thanks
-Dave

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The manual regen is usually an option. It's not standard across the line. I think it's more for the work trucks that tend to idle a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr