2017 Platinum ride

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking...at one...doesn't have any stuff like "snow plow package" or trailer or camper suspension options. Standard. How will it drive compared to the Lariats I've driven recently (with coil front springs, plow package, etc) that porpoise down the road empty?

My '02 with 75 gallons in the aux tank and the main tank full rides like pretty smooth by comparison to these newer rigs. It has rancho shocks, leaf springs with one added to the rear packs, and is otherwise stock in the suspension department.

Just curious...?

HorseShowDad

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
are you talking about F250, F350 or F450. SRW or DRW?

350 and 450 ride pretty harsh. Especially if you put 90psi in the fronts on the 450. I changed my fake Rancho's to Fox 2.0 on my 17' 450. It helped a lot. these are big heavy trucks and are meant to haul a lot of weight and pull a lot more. the ride is as you would expect. I can tell you the 17 F450 ride is better then my 13 F350 SRW ride for what it's worth.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F250 SRW. The little guy. No snow plow or camper package upgrades to the front springs. Are they all coil springs on the new SDs?

roble1

roble1
Reaction score
I added a taller rear block to the rear of my 250 to get the back up so the truck sat level.Then added a super-spring add on to the rear leaf. That way I kept the nicer ride of the 250 and was cheaper than buying a 350 platinum. I had always had 350's but didn't like the price of them anymore. I only pull fifth wheel trailers not sure how much squat I would get with a heavy bumper hitch. I would say my truck rides pretty nice for a big truck. I have checked into a 2018 250 platinum but the box is 2" taller than my 2013 and I am not sure my camper will have enough clearance to the box sides, my flat beds would be fine I think. These trucks are getting priced out of control. With only 17000 miles I think I will wait a while before trading.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes the list / msrp on even the remaining 2017 was a shocker to me. Thanks for the info.

Tracy Mangus

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 F350 Platnium, $78K ouch, but has a nice discount from dealer and factory on the 17. 10K + discount. Love my truck. it rides as good as my previous 2013 F250 Lariat. I got the 350 for the extra height, it is a couple of inches taller than the 250 out of the factory. It is a bit harsh on ride, but expected for a superduty truck. If you put your extended fuel tank in the back and lower the tire pressure down a bit, it helps a lot with the ride. Colorado roads and trucks dont get along with the distance between the panel breaks on the highways so there is a lot of bounce on some roads, where other roads are really smooth, took a roadtrip to Dallas and was not bad at all on smoother roads
hope this helps

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6k miles and i'm loving the new ride.

Except the stock fuel tank sucks. I have never stopped so many times for fuel! 17th stop so far, in less than 6 weeks... I think it was about 30 for all of last year with the 100 gallon tank in bed on my last truck....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr